EQUINE REPRODUCTION SERVICES
Rocky Mountain Mobile Equine Service offers equine reproduction care including assistance with breeding mares, artificial insemination, problem mares and preventative health programs to maintain pregnant mares and healthy foals. Reproduction services include:
- Breeding soundness exams. Evaluation of the mare prior to breeding may help identify any potential concerns or issues that may impact pregnancy.
- Equine infertility evaluations. Uterine culture, cytology and biopsy may be used to identify potential uterine pathology.
- Artificial insemination. This requires monitoring a mares cycle and overall reproductive health to determine the most appropriate timing for insemination.
- Reproductive ultrasonography. Transrectal ultrasonography may be used to determine optimal time of breeding, assess cyclicity, as well as to diagnose and monitor pregnancy.
- Care and management of mares from conception to delivery. This includes wellness care, nutrition, vaccination and parasite control protocols, body condition monitoring, and treating/maintaining reproductive health.
- Reproductive emergencies. Both the mare and the foal may need treatment or emergency care at any point during the pregnancy period, foaling process, or post pregnancy.
- Neonatal care. This may involve foaling assistance, evaluation of the foal just following birth and treatment of any potential conditions such as failure of passive transfer.
Our mobile veterinarian offers equine reproductive veterinary care in Idaho and Montana:
- Idaho equine veterinary service areas include: East Boise, Idaho City.
- Montana equine veterinary service areas include: Big Sky, Gallatin Gateway, Montana.